Forum on Managerial Cost Accounting: Requirements, Uses, and Best Practices
June 15, 2010
Objective: To provide a forum for the federal community to share information about the requirements, uses, and best practices in meeting the goals of Statement of Federal Financial Accounting Standards 4, Managerial Cost Accounting Standards and Concepts, as amended and supplemented. Participants will have an opportunity to share ideas after hearing from speakers.
- Agenda and Speaker Bios (PDF)
- Session 1 – Overview of SFFAS 4, Results of Agency Questionnaires, Next Steps (Julia Ranagan) (PDF)
- Session 2 – Twelve Years and Counting…PTO’s Cost Accounting Efforts, Uses, and Results (Steve Porter) (PDF)
- Session 3 – Best Practices in Federal Cost Management (Doug Webster) (PDF)
- Session 4 – DHS – Out of the Gate (Peggy Sherry) (PDF)
These videos are best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Session 1 and 2
Speakers: Julia Ranagan, FASAB Assistant Director, and Steve Porter, Director of the Activity Based Information (ABI) Division at the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
Session 3 and 4
Doug Webster, former Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at the Department of Labor; and Peggy Sherry, Acting CFO at the Department of Homeland Security