Information for Observers
Due to COVID-19, all Board meetings are virtual until further notice. No pre-registration is required for virtual meetings.
Login information for the Board’s virtual meetings can be found on the last page of the agenda. No pre-registration is required for virtual meetings and you are under no obligation to listen to the entire meeting. Please feel free to enter and exit the meeting room based on the topics that you are interested in. Note that observers are in “listen only” mode and do not have access to any chat functions within the virtual meeting.
Information for Observers
If you wish to observe a public FASAB Board meeting you must complete the online pre-registration form no later than noon the Monday before the meeting to allow security to process your access to the meeting location.
FASAB meetings are generally held in Room 7C13 of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) building at 441 G Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20548.
Observers Should Adhere to the Following Procedures Before the Meeting:
- Check the agenda before attending each meeting for any schedule or location revisions. Due to the unpredictable nature of deliberations, FASAB cannot accept any responsibility for losses or inconvenience caused by changes to the agenda items.
- Bring any desired briefing materials for the day’s session.
- Allow 15 minutes to sign in and to process through security.
- Please note — persons who did not register in advance will not be admitted until there is an available escort (an escort may be available by calling 202-512-7350).
Observers Should Adhere to the Following Procedures During the Meeting:
- Enter and exit the meeting room as quietly as possible.
- Refrain from participating in meeting discussions absent prior arrangements to do so.
- Refrain from talking or engaging in any other activities that might be distracting to others.
- Turn cell phones and other mobile devices to silent mode while in the meeting room.
- Refrain from taking photographs or operating video cameras or tape recorders in the meeting room.
- All FASAB meetings are recorded.
- FASAB is unable to accommodate observer requests to modify the room temperature. Observers should dress in layers and bring a sweater or jacket in case the meeting room temperature is not comfortable.
- FASAB does not have Wi-Fi, Internet, telephone, fax, or copying facilities available for observers.
- Smoking is not permitted in the GAO building. Smoking is permitted outside of the GAO entrances at least 50 feet away from the doors.
- FASAB does not provide lunch or refreshments for observers. In the building are the following establishments:
Open 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Morning Break: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.