Standards & Guidance
The FASAB Handbook of Accounting Standards and Other Pronouncements, as Amended (Current Handbook)—an approximate 2,500-page PDF—is the most up-to-date, authoritative source of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) developed for federal entities. It is updated annually to incorporate pronouncements issued by FASAB through June 30 of each year. The annual update includes incorporating amendments within each previously issued pronouncement.
The following pronouncements have been issued since June 30, 2018, and are not included in the current handbook:
- Staff Implementation Guidance 6.1—Clarification of Paragraphs 40-41 of SFFAS 6, Accounting for Property, Plant, and Equipment, as amended (PDF)
- SFFAS 56—Classified Activities (PDF)
- Technical Release 19—Rescission of Technical Release 8 (PDF)
- Interpretation of Federal Financial Accounting Standards 8: An Interpretation of SFFAS 56, Classified Activities (PDF)
- Interpretation 9—Cleanup Cost Liabilities Involving Multiple Component Reporting Entities: An Interpretation of SFFAS 5 & SFFAS 6 (PDF)