Standards & Guidance
The FASAB Handbook of Accounting Standards and Other Pronouncements, as Amended (Current Handbook)—an approximate 2,500-page PDF—is the most up-to-date, authoritative source of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) developed for federal entities. It is updated annually to incorporate pronouncements issued by FASAB through June 30 of each year. The annual update includes incorporating amendments within each previously issued pronouncement.
The following pronouncements have been issued since June 30, 2019, and are not included in the current handbook:
- Interpretation 9—Cleanup Cost Liabilities Involving Multiple Component Reporting Entities: An Interpretation of SFFAS 5 & SFFAS 6 (PDF)
- SFFAS 57—Omnibus Amendments 2019 (PDF)
- Technical Bulletin 2020-1—Loss Allowance for Intragovernmental Receivables (PDF)
- SFFAC 9—Materiality: Amending Statement of Federal Financial Accounting Concepts (SFFAC) 1, Objectives of Federal Financial Reporting, and SFFAC 3, Management’s Discussion and Analysis (PDF)
- SFFAS 58—Deferral of the Effective Date of SFFAS 54, Leases (PDF)